Effective Date: January 1, 2021
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
To access services offered by SharpLink via the Websites, you may be required to create a user account, including username and password, and input certain Personal Information, including your first and last name, email address, location, and the country and state in which your reside. When you visit or use Services on our Websites, we may collect additional information. This additional information may include your date of birth, social security number, driver’s license information, passport information, other legal documentation, or any other information that may be necessary to verify your identity in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, if you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to SharpLink, or contact us, through a social networking service (such as Facebook or Google), WE MAY COLLECT YOUR USER ID AND USERNAME ASSOCIATED WITH THAT SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE, AS WELL AS ANY INFORMATION YOU MAKE PUBLIC USING THAT SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your name, email address, and birthday).
If you choose to connect your SharpLink account with a third party, we may share certain Personal Information with that third party. OTHERWISE, WE DO NOT SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT.
BY BROWSING THE WEBSITES WITHOUT USING OUR SERVICES, YOU CAN “OPT-OUT” FROM PROVIDING US WITH ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Once you agree to provide us with Personal Information, you are no longer anonymous to us. We may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information and other Personal Information as indicated on the forms throughout the Websites. You authorize SharpLink to maintain your credit card and billing information and to charge you for services as indicated on the Websites. You understand and agree that SharpLink will not send you invoices or bills. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which are optional. YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE OPTION TO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION BY CHOOSING NOT TO USE OR PURCHASE A PARTICULAR SERVICE.
We may track certain information based upon your behavior on the Websites. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand our customers. This information may include, but may not be limited to, the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, your computer browser information, and your IP address.
If you choose to post messages on this Websites or leave feedback for other customers, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
If you send us personal correspondence, such as emails or letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Websites, we may collect and retain such information in a file specific to you.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You agree that we may use your Personal Information, including your email address or phone number, to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Websites’ content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Websites and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Websites and our products.
4. COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE WEBSITES
We may occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each such communication or by contacting us.
You will be notified when your Personal Information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if access to our services and products is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account and subscription for our Services.
5. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT WE MAY SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO SUCH SHARING, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITES OR SERVICES. The following describes some of the ways that your Personal Information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our Services to customers:
- Legal Requests: SharpLink cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as: intellectual property rights, fraud and other rights, to help protect you, other users, and SharpLink from bad actors. Therefore, in response to a verified request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, username history, and fraud complaints without a subpoena. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement or other government officials without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or report suspected illegal activity.
- Merger/Acquisition/Bankruptcies: In the event that SharpLink is involved in a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a disclosure of your Personal Information to another entity related to such event, and we may not control how the information is treated, transferred, or used by that entity.
- Information Collected Via Online Tracking Technologies: We and our partners and/or service providers collect information on our pages and may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of the Websites through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, widgets, beacons, scripts or other technology. More information cookies and other tracking technologies are set forth below. The information we collect automatically includes geolocation data and your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location. We and our service partners may use this information to ensure that the Websites work properly, and to deliver customized content and advertising to you, including personalized ads, promotions, product and service offerings. This customized content and advertising may be communicated via pop ups, banner ads, links and emails among other methods.
6. LOG FILES
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information. We track trends in users’ usage and volume statistics to create a more efficient and usable site and offerings, and to determine areas of the Websites or our Services that could be improved to enhance the user and customer experience. Log files are used on the Websites, and in any link to the Websites from an email.
7. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you use this Websites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, browser analysis tools, widgets and web server logs. As you use this Websites, or our applications, your browser and other electronic devices communicate with servers operated by us and our services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to this Websites by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us or our service providers.
For example, when you visit this Websites, SharpLink and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account and preferences.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, and storing your preferences.
8. MANAGE YOUR SECURITY SETTINGS
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
You may manage how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings. If you have any questions as to how to opt-out of the above data collection technologies, please contact us at [email protected].
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITESS
10. COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION FORUMS
If you use a forum or comment section on the Websites, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information that you submit, including your name and email address, can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Websites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit on the Websites.
11. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you want to update or delete your contact information, terminate your subscription, or have other questions or requests, please contact us at [email protected]. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, and closing your account, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Information, including your email address, submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
13. SECURE CREDIT CARD TRANSACTIONS
You can use your credit card securely on our Websites. All aspects of credit card transactions adhere to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions;
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information; and
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
14. NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
15. NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by certain members of SharpLink to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us:
333 Washington Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55401
We take great pride in the relationship of trust we have built with our customers over many years and we are dedicated to treating your personal information with care and respect. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), members of SharpLink do not share customers’ Personal Information with other member companies or others outside of SharpLink for those parties’ direct marketing use.
16. CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT