Effective Date: July 11, 2023
- PERSONAL DATA
- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION & USE
Some parts of the Services may ask you to submit Personal Data in order for you to benefit from the specified features or to participate in a particular activity. For example, you may voluntarily provide Personal Data to us in the following ways:
- Account Registration: To access certain Services, you may be required to create a user account. To create an account, we will collect the Personal Data that you provide when registering, including username and password, your first and last name, date of birth, email address, telephone number and the country and state in which you reside.
- Purchase Information: When you place orders through the Services, we may collect your payment information, purchase history, billing addresses, phone number, email address, and other digital contact information.
- Contact Us: If you contact us through the “Contact Us” page on the Services, we collect the Personal Data that you provide, such as your name, email address, and any Personal Data in the message you send to us.
- Careers: Some areas of the Services may allow you to submit information related to job opportunities with Sharplink or third-party business partners. If you apply for an employment opportunity with Sharplink, you may provide us with certain Personal Data about yourself (such as information contained in a resume, cover letter or similar employment-related materials, or any applicable pre-screening questions).
- Feedback: If you choose to post messages on the Services or leave feedback for other customers, we will collect that information you provide to us. We retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
- Correspondence: If you send us personal correspondence through the Services, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on the Services, we may collect and retain such information in a file specific to you.
We may also receive Personal Data about you that you do not directly provide to us, such as:
- Third Party Sources: Where permitted by applicable law, we may combine your Personal Data with other information we have collected from you. We may also combine your Personal Data with information we receive about you from other sources, such as publicly available information sources and our service providers.
- Location: When you use the Services, we may also collect data about your location if you allow the Services to access location services through the permission system used by your device’s mobile operations system or browser. We may also generalize your location, for example by using your IP address.
- Social Media: If you choose to log in, access or otherwise connect to SharpLink, or contact us, through a social networking service (such as Facebook or Google), WE MAY COLLECT YOUR USER ID AND USERNAME ASSOCIATED WITH THAT SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE, AS WELL AS ANY INFORMATION YOU MAKE PUBLIC USING THAT SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICE. We may also collect information you have authorized the social networking service to share with us (such as your name, email address, and birthday).
- Passive Data Collection: In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by SharpLink when you use the Services. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, domain names, and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. This information is stored in log files and used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Services, to analyze trends, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Services, to market our products we think may be of interest to you on the Services and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Services. Log files are used on the Services, and in any link to the Services from an email. We may also track certain information based upon your behavior on the Services (i.e., how you interact with the Services). We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand our customers. This information may include, but may not be limited to, the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, your computer browser information, and your IP address.
- COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
When you use the Services, we also collect certain information through technologies such as cookies, web beacons, browser analysis tools, widgets, and web server logs. As you use the Services, your browser and other electronic devices communicate with servers operated by us and our service providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to the Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us or our service providers.
For example, when you visit the Services, SharpLink and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account and preferences.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, and storing your preferences.
Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Services.
We use Google Analytics to help analyze how users use the Services. If you would like to opt-out from the use of your information by Google Analytics, you may use Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add-on designed for this purpose.
We may collect information about your online activities on our Services to provide you with advertising about products tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites on which our advertisements are served.
You may see certain advertisements on other websites because we work with advertising partners (including advertising networks) to engage in remarketing and retargeting activities. Our advertising partners allow us to target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. These partners track your online activities over time and across websites, including our Services, by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, pixels, web server logs and web beacons. They use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising partners may collect includes data about your visits to websites that participate in the relevant advertising networks, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Services and on third-party websites that participate in the ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. For example, we utilize certain of our advertising partners’ targeted advertising services to show you our advertisements on other websites based on your prior visits to our Services and other online activity.
Provided that a company participates in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising, you may opt out of interest-based advertising generally through the Network Advertising Initiative website or by visiting http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ (web-based advertising) or http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (for mobile advertising). To learn more, please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance at www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Opting-out does not mean that you will stop receiving advertisements from us. It means that you still stop receiving advertisements from us that have been targeted to you based on your visits and browsing activity across websites over time.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide the Services to you and to improve the Services;
- to facilitate your registration and manage your account with SharpLink;
- to resolve disputes;
- troubleshoot problems;
- to respond to inquiries and fulfill requests;
- to process payments, communicate with you regarding your payment, and provide you with related customer service;
- to promote our Services to you and the products and services of third parties;
- to measure consumer interest in our Services and in the third-party products and services that we advertise on the Services;
- if you sign up for our email list or to receive promotional text messages, to send you emails or text messages about products or offers that we think might be of interest to you;
- customize your experience on the Services;
- for security, to detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity , and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Services;
- for research and analysis purposes, including to identify Service usage trends;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Services, improving our products and services, identifying Service usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE SERVICES
We may occasionally send you direct marketing communications about products, services, special deals, and promotions. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe from each of these communications. If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each such communication or by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note that if you opt out of receiving direct marketing messages from us, this does not impact other transactional and administrative messages which you will continue to receive.
We may send you strictly Service-related announcements as well. For instance, if access to our Services is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
- INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT WE MAY SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AS SET FORTH HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO SUCH SHARING, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES. The following describes some of the ways that your Personal Data may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our Services to customers:
- Legal Requests: SharpLink may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose Personal Data as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share Personal Data as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Merger/Acquisition/Bankruptcies: In the event that SharpLink is involved in a corporate transaction, including without limitation, a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, divestiture, receivership, assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, or other change of control, there may be a disclosure of your Personal Data to another entity related to such event, and we may not control how the information is treated, transferred, or used by that entity.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- COMMENTS OR DISCUSSION FORUMS
If you use a forum or comment section on the Services, you should be aware that any Personal Data that you submit, including your name and email address, can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Services, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to post on the Services.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
If you want to update or delete your contact information or have other questions or requests, please contact us at [email protected]. While we are ready to assist you in managing and/or closing your account, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Data both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (California’s “Shine the Light” law) permits you to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Data by SharpLink to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us:
333 Washington Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- NEVADA RESIDENTS
Under Nevada law, SharpLink does not sell your Personal Data. However, if you are a Nevada resident, you may submit a request that we not sell any Personal Data we have collected about you by contacting us as at [email protected].
- DO NOT TRACK
Our Services do not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Data from any person under the age of 18. No parts of our Services are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of 18.
- QUESTION/CONTACT US
By email: [email protected]
333 Washington Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401