Staff Accountant | Minneapolis, MN
SharpLink Gaming is seeking a staff accountant to work as an integral part of our team in the fantasy sports and gaming industry. You will have the opportunity to support the internal finance team by completing day-to-day accounting tasks, while also providing financial support to the product teams as required. Our ideal candidate is organized, methodical and detail-oriented with strong conceptual and analytical skills along with a passion for sports. You should have experience with accounting and financial principles including a BA/BS degree in accounting or finance, and experience using NetSuite is preferred. The Staff Accountant will report to the Controller. SharpLink offers a full employee benefits package, flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
- Complete reconciliations of accounting system transactions
- Assist in monthly closings and preparation of financial statements
- Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with finance management
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Manage weekly A/P process including paying vendor invoices and employee expense reports
- Periodically deal with customers to resolve financial issues
- Assist with managing the annual audit process
- This list is not all-inclusive. The individual in this position must be flexible and needs to exhibit willingness to take on additional tasks not outlined here.
Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with finance and accounting principles is required, BA/BS with emphasis in finance or accounting is preferred
- 2 – 5 years of relevant work experience is preferred
- Strong Excel, Microsoft Word and other computer skills are required
- Experience using NetSuite is preferred
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, in addition to sound organizational skills
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible work environment with hybrid remote / in-office opportunities
- Paid vacation, health and dental benefits, 401k
- Fun environment in an exciting industry
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- Starting salary $60k – $65k depending on experience
About SharpLink Gaming Ltd.
Founded in 2019 and based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SharpLink is a leading online technology company that connects sports fans, leagues and sports websites to relevant and timely sports betting and iGaming content. SharpLink uses proprietary, intelligent, online conversion technology to convert sports fans into sports bettors for licensed, online sportsbook operators. SharpLink’s intelligent C4 Sports Betting Conversion technology delivers and determines the best sportsbook betting offers and experience for each identified user. Using sophisticated, behavioral modeling and tracking technologies, and by analyzing user’s past and present behaviors, we serve sports fans with personalized betting offers specifically tied to each fan’s favorite sports, teams and players. Additionally, SharpLink specializes in helping sports media companies develop strategies, products and innovative solutions to drive deep customer engagement with highly interactive sports games and mobile applications. SharpLink is run by industry veterans with several successful exits in the sports gaming and iGaming sectors. For more information, please visit the SharpLink website at www.sharplink.com.