Mid-Level Software Developer
SharpLink connects the biggest sportsbooks to the biggest leagues and media partners.
In a rapidly expanding US sports betting market, SharpLink exists to deliver fast moving betting content to leagues, media partners and fantasy operators. Simply put, we take betting markets from the sportsbooks, enhance the content, restyle the presentation, and deliver them to our partners, enhancing the delivery of sports betting content from numbers on a page, to a more thoughtful and engaging visual experience. We strive to understand what content to put in front of users, at what time, and in what manner, in order to maximize conversion rates, adding value to the relationship between the sportsbooks, big media and the end user. The management team at SharpLink brings decades of experience from ESPN, AOL, SportRadar, and Liberty Media. We know what it takes to compete at the top and are excited about implementing the insights learned over the last 25 years to create new and innovative solutions in these exciting consumer markets.
We are seeking a Mid-level Software Developer to join our team. As Software Developer, you’ll be responsible for working within the engineering team to deliver services that support SharpLink’s core technology. You’ll work with Product and other Engineering teams to coordinate and deliver quality, large scale, and highly scalable services. Furthermore, the Software Engineer works with multiple data providers to ensure quality, scalability and thoroughness.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- You’ll be working in our core team, integrating sportsbook feeds and staying on top of changing specifications.
- Extending the API functionality to support new features and ensuring a high level of performance will be key to this role.
- You’ll need to support our market operations team, addressing mapping issues as they arise, often in a time critical environment. This is mostly achieved through regex manipulation.
- Our core code is written in Elixir and exposed via GraphQL API – both for front end services and direct integrations; so experience working with these will be beneficial.
- 3 years or more of experience building software systems and services using backend technology such as Ruby, Python, Elixir or other.
- A strong understanding of the software development cycle, from ideation to final delivery.
- A willingness to learn and teach and a desire to collaborate.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science or a related field is preferred.
- An interest in Machine Learning techniques and tackling Entity Resolution problems.
- An understanding of how relational databases work (we use MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- You enjoy sports — whether a diehard fan or a casual spectator (but it’s okay if sports aren’t your thing).
- Experience working on a very high traffic site.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Equity consideration (stock options)
- Robust benefits package
About SharpLink Gaming Ltd.
Founded in 2019 and based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SharpLink is a leading online technology company that connects sports fans, leagues and sports websites to relevant and timely sports betting content. SharpLink uses proprietary, intelligent, online conversion technology to convert sports fans into sports bettors for licensed, online sportsbook operators. SharpLink’s intelligent C4 Sports Betting Conversion Platform delivers and determines the best sportsbook betting offers and experience for each identified user. Using sophisticated, AI-enabled behavioral modeling and tracking technologies, and by analyzing user’s past and present behaviors, we serve sports fans with personalized betting offers specifically tied to each fan’s favorite sports, teams and players. Additionally, SharpLink specializes in helping sports media companies develop strategies, products and innovative solutions to drive deep customer engagement with highly interactive sports games and mobile applications. SharpLink is run by industry veterans with several successful exits in the sports gaming sector. For more information, please visit the SharpLink website at www.sharplink.com.