Editorial Manager – Remote
Location: Remote, USA
SharpLink Gaming, a leading online technology company that connects sports fans, leagues and sports websites to relevant and timely sports betting and iGaming content, is seeking an experienced and commercial-minded Editorial Manager to help build and lead our editorial team. As our product is new to market, this is a superb opportunity for an exceptional candidate to build a product function from the ground up.
The Editorial Manager is part of a dynamic team focusing on the growth and expansion of legal online gambling/sports betting in the U.S. The role includes content planning, assigning, editing and publishing news content, managing writers, updating page content and monitoring site performance and key rankings. You will also edit all content before publication to ensure written materials provide the most impact or views. The candidate will determine, analyze, choose and perform different promotional activities on various social platforms. Aside from continuously conducting research on interesting content using a variety of resources, the Editorial Manager will also determine new ways of implementing editorial and content methodologies. You will apply quantitative techniques and audit the quality and effectiveness of editorial. You will work alongside multiple teams, including but not limited to SEO, Affiliate and Product.
Specifically, following are the ways we see the Editorial Manager delivering immediate and longstanding value to the SharpLink team:
- Oversee day-to-day content operations for your assigned site(s). This includes assigning, editing, and publishing content on the site and providing feedback.
- Review and edit all content for accuracy, intent, tone, objectivity, management requests.
- Ensure proper SEO best practices and formatting is used for all content.
- Generate new ideas for content; maintain consistency and accuracy throughout.
- Plan for upcoming events on the sports/casino industry calendar and build content around search terms and public interest, working with SEO and department head on execution.
- Work directly with in-house and external writing resources.
- Monitor site performance using Google Analytics and Search Console amongst others.
- Assist affiliate team with promo and news content for emerging markets.
- Contribute to content creation – write and format news, promos, and evergreen pages.
- Ensure timely execution of publishing promotional content to gain the most value in ranks and traffic/search.
- Develop relationships with local media, blogs, and podcasts in the assigned state.
- Develop a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term targets.
- Provide analysis based on search terms, search results, and competition.
- At least two years’ experience leading a team in the affiliate marketing space.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in the U.S. gambling market, with a focus on sports betting or casino, SEO and affiliate marketing. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to organize and plan for near and long-term initiatives.
- Experience in hiring and managing a multi-level team of editors.
- You are living wherever you want and are excited about the all-remote lifestyle.
- Self-managing, organized, adaptable individual who demonstrates a strong drive and desire to succeed in a start-up environment.
- Self-Starter with a hands-on approach to achieving success.
- Must be available regular business hours, in the evening and/or weekend work on occasion.
- Candidate must comply with and support the company’s responsible gambling policies, procedures and initiatives.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of duties a person in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Market competitive salary
Commission and equity plan