Director of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota and/or Remote in U.S.
SharpLink Gaming Ltd. (Nasdaq: SBET) is seeking a Director of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. Reporting directly to SharpLink Gaming’s CFO, the ideal candidate will own and manage the overall strategy and execution of our licensing and gaming compliance functions, ensuring the Company follows best industry practices for achieving and maintaining ongoing compliance with prevailing federal and state licensing requirements, regulations and ordinances relating to our business operations in the U.S. online sports betting industry. Moreover, this individual will lead all regulatory/licensing activities for the Company, including collaborating with our leadership and legal team(s) to complete and submit all documentation required to obtain relevant federal and state licensing/approvals to support the national scaling of our sports betting conversion business.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CFO to identify required operational licenses for SharpLink’s sports betting business; obtaining and completing license applications, interfacing with regulators on an as needed basis, and responding to inquiries regarding investigations and application reviews.
- Act as SharpLink’s primary liaison with all state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Design and implement a system to monitor, process and record licenses and license renewals; assisting in resolving licensing and regulatory issues as they arise.
- Organize and maintain all official records, correspondence and notices regarding SharpLink’s licensing activities in the United States.
- Develop a deep understanding of SharpLink’s products and services and advise on (i) regulatory and licensing issues for the same; (ii) adjustments of gaming and supplier license applications and subsequent renewals thereof; and (iii) and go-to-market strategies applicable to same.
- Collaborate with members of the legal team on U.S. licensing and regulatory matters, as needed.
- Work with our engineering teams to meet data compliance and privacy requirements.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or JD a plus.
- 5+ years in compliance, gaming and sports Betting experience preferred.
- Experience in managing key relationships with multiple state regulatory agencies.
- Must have the capability to read, comprehend and abstract detailed federal and state licensing regulations.
- Must maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of the fast-evolving sports betting industry and stay informed of all state legislative activities relating to newly introduced legislation, current status of pending legislation and legislative approvals of online sports betting programs in each state.
- Familiarity with the data privacy and compliance landscape, including regulations such as CCPA, GDPR, PCI, etc.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions and navigate through complex structures, systems and processes with a high degree of detail orientation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills.
- Must have high level of personal initiative and motivation and thrive in a high paced, high growth environment.
- If working remotely, frequent travel to Minneapolis may be necessary.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Equity consideration (stock options)
- Benefits package
About SharpLink Gaming Ltd.
Founded in 2019 and based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SharpLink is a leading online technology company that connects sports fans, leagues and sports websites to relevant and timely sports betting content. SharpLink uses proprietary, intelligent, online conversion technology to convert sports fans into sports bettors for licensed, online sportsbook operators. SharpLink’s intelligent C4 Sports Betting Conversion Platform delivers and determines the best sportsbook betting offers and experience for each identified user. Using sophisticated, AI-enabled behavioral modeling and tracking technologies, and by analyzing user’s past and present behaviors, we serve sports fans with personalized betting offers specifically tied to each fan’s favorite sports, teams and players. Additionally, SharpLink specializes in helping sports media companies develop strategies, products and innovative solutions to drive deep customer engagement with highly interactive sports games and mobile applications. SharpLink is run by industry veterans with several successful exits in the sports gaming sector. For more information, please visit the SharpLink website at www.sharplink.com.