Nasdaq-listed SharpLink Gaming, Ltd. is seeking a talented, experienced and motivated corporate controller to manage and perform critical financial reporting and accounting functions for our growing Company and subsidiaries. This role will report to our Chief Financial Officer, with exposure and visibility to the CEO and senior members of the executive team. We are looking for a top performer who thrives in and enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-pressure environment. The role requires a detailed, working knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations. In addition to driving financial accuracy and control of our accounting functions, the near-term emphasis will be on partnering with the CFO and other members of the accounting team to improve our Company’s core operational accounting and financial reporting processes to achieve improvements in scalability and productivity. Further, the individual will play a key role in working with all operational leads team players in understanding actual results compared to budget, assist the CFO and Senior team members on driving business results and developing the 2023 budget.
- Assist the CFO and accounting team with the preparation of the Company’s SEC financial filings. Prepare financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A and relevant disclosure checklists.
- Research accounting and financial reporting developments, prepare memos, and direct the implementation of new GAAP and SEC reporting pronouncements and disclosure related matters. Upon completing the research, draft technical accounting memorandums to be presented to the auditors and Audit Committee.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting for SharpLink and its subsidiaries, including monthly close and preparation of consolidated statements.
- Work with the CFO in managing the relationships and working directly with various outside partners. These include the auditors, valuation specialists, tax specialist and other specialists needed.
Manage the independent auditor relationship, which includes the preparation/review of audit schedules and provide timely responses to requests.
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with team members and business partners within the Company while evaluating processes and identifying opportunities to optimize and scale.
- Manage, coach and develop accounting personnel in order to support the corporate controller role.
- Manage the equity accounting function, including stock-based compensation, EPS, the Company’s cap table and equity account reconciliations, in connection with the Company’s equity incentive plan.
- Maintain proper process/policy documentation, strong disclosure controls and procedures, and internal controls; partner with external auditors and consultants to ensure compliance with SOX.
- Create and maintain SEC, Audit Committee and BOD calendars, coordinate key timelines and deliverables, and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure timely, accurate and complete SEC filings.
- Lead the preparation of goodwill and identifiable intangible asset annual impairment testing.
- Assist and support for projects and activities related to ad hoc accounting, business operations and administrative projects in partnership with the CFO.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree and/or CPA
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a fast paced environment; two to five years of public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Detailed and working knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting standards and current AC 6060 SaaS revenue accounting
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to take ownership of projects and deadlines
- Ability to prioritize workload, provide solutions and navigate through complex structures, systems and processes
- Experience identifying areas for improvement and implementation of more effective and efficient processes and controls
- Experience with cloud-based accounting systems
- Works well independently and in a team environment and is able to interact effectively across the Company with various business partners
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance-based stock options and cash bonuses
- Paid health insurance
- Paid vacations
About SharpLink Gaming Ltd. (NASDAQ: SBET)
Founded in 2019 and based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SharpLink is a leading online technology company that connects sports fans, leagues and sports websites to relevant and timely sports betting and iGaming content. SharpLink uses proprietary, intelligent, online conversion technology to convert sports fans into sports bettors for licensed, online sportsbook operators. SharpLink’s intelligent C4 Sports Betting Conversion technology delivers and determines the best sportsbook betting offers and experience for each identified user. Using sophisticated, behavioral modeling and tracking technologies, and by analyzing user’s past and present behaviors, we serve sports fans with personalized betting offers specifically tied to each fan’s favorite sports, teams and players. Additionally, SharpLink specializes in helping sports media companies develop strategies, products and innovative solutions to drive deep customer engagement with highly interactive sports games and mobile applications. SharpLink is run by industry veterans with several successful exits in the sports gaming and iGaming sectors. For more information, please visit the SharpLink website at www.sharplink.com.